2017 Steamworks Robot "Clyde"
- Six high-grip 4 inch wheels
- Four full CIM motors in tank drive configuration
- Old skool belt drive
- Vex Pro 3 Stage Pneumatic Ball Shifter with 50:34 output stage and Grayhill 63R Encoder
- Drivetrain speeds: Low gear 8.4ft/s (2.56m/s or 9.2km/h), High gear 18ft/s (5.48m/s or 19.75km/h)
- Specializing in gear floor pickup
- Hall effect sensors detect presence of gear in position, initiating automatic clamping
- 180lbs of pneumatic clamping force ensures gear stays in the claw
- Bag motor geared 105:1 for accurate claw positioning
- Floor or hopper ball pickup
- Capable of low goal scoring of balls
- 65 ball hopper capacity when rear panel extended
- Dual hopper agitators
- Windmill devices can be lowered over bumper to sweep balls into intake.
- Climber powered by dual 775 Pro Motors
- Dual versaplanetary gear boxes at 30:1 ratio
- Single 3:1 gear and pinion assembly at shaft
- Actual climb time is about 3 seconds
- Custom milled Ultra-high-molecular-weight (UHMW) polyethylene claw assembly for grabbing rope
- Autonomous gear placement on any of the 3 pegs
- Autonomous mode to quickly place gear and score 10 balls in low goal
- Autonomous mode to place gear and move down the field near loading station.
- Floor pickup mechanism is used for scoring in low goal. Rollers pivot between floor pickup and low goal score position
- Microsoft Lifecam was stripped down to the circuit board and then repackaged with a fisheye lens allowing for wide field of view for drivers.
- Named after the Pac-Man ghost Clyde because of polycarbonate shape cut on robot's back side.
- Finalists at the Waterloo District Competition (Blue Alliance Results)
- Awarded Excellence in Engineering Award at the Waterloo District Competition
- Winners at the North Bay District Competition (Blue Alliance Results)
- Awarded Innovation in Control Award at the North Bay District Competition
- Semifinalists at the Ontario District Competition (Blue Alliance Results)
- Ranked 10th out of 145 teams in the Province of Ontario (Blue Alliance Ranking)
- Qualified for St Louis World Championships
- Daly Division Finalists in the 3rd-ranked alliance.